Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Analyzing Purpose

Analyzing Purpose

In this blog post, I am going to brainstorm using the instructions provided from Writing Public Lives.

What do you want your readers to do, feel, think believe etc. as a result of reading it?

I want my readers to be healthier after reading my public argument. I want them to feel compelled to end childhood obesity. I want them to think about all of the risks of child obesity. I want them to think about the actions people are taking or their beliefs that are causing childhood obesity. I want the reader to believe that the future of childhood obesity remains in our hands, and we have the power to change it for future generations to come. I want my reader to feel as if childhood obesity really is a disease. Childhood obesity is considered a disease. Therefore, I want my reader to understand what makes it a disease and how and why it is so contagious today.

Plausible Actions/Reactions

I think that people are likely to feel motivated to end childhood obesity because it is a very unhealthy lifestyle for someone to live. I also think that people will reject what I say to them because they are so set on their own beliefs and ways of life that they are unwilling to listen or to change. People will be able to relate and see the reality of my writing because childhood obesity is all around us in our world.
Lamb, Kieran. "The Purpose of Life is a Life Full of Purpose." 10/08/12 via flickr.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License.

Not Plausible

People will not think that my writing is pointless because I will give a lot of support. People will not completely disagree with me because I will give insight on why things are the way they are. I will provide statistics and personal stories that will allow people to relate to it. Therefore, it will be impossible to totally refuse my argument.

Desire to End Childhood Obesity

It will enable the public to act and develop a healthier lifestyle. They will feel compelled to raise awareness and spread the word. They will be more likely to impose a healthier lifestyle upon their children because they would not want to contribute to the rate of childhood obesity. They will help those who are unable to pay for healthier food options.

Advancing My Cause

Parents are very likely to help my cause because they will feel the need to prevent their child and many other children from suffering from obesity. I think that these parents might assist others the most that are unable to provide healthier options to their children. Maybe parents will provide healthier options to food pantries because people tend to give a lot of processed snack foods as opposed to fresh produce

No comments:

Post a Comment