Saturday, September 19, 2015

Reflection on Project 1 Draft

Reflection on Project 1 Draft

In this post, I am going to be reflecting on my rough draft on healthy school lunches by referring back to the student guide. 

Unfortunately, I ended falling short because I decided to switch around blog posts without reading this one properly.  I did not commented on anyone's post in time. I was going to but I did not think the time I left would have been adequate enough to do this. I understand my grade will suffer because of this, but I hope that for the next deadline I could get this turned in, and it being better. As they say, you learn from failure. Looking back, I ended up not doing this blog correctly. I do not want to be a sob story, but my life has not been the best lately because I have been terrible homesick. I feel like the way I proceeded to do this was totally wrong which reflects the negatives feelings I am feeling currently, but not about the assignment. 

I have been contemplating about commenting since I can't be credited, but I had specifically looked at Olivia Wann and Lia Ossana's. Despite the fact that I had not commented on them in time to clearly say enough by the deadline, I wanted to say that both of these woman effectively implemented their views from their thoughts about the student guide in their QRG's. I noticed that they both showed how they did not think a thesis was as important in a QRG as it is in an essay. I know that in my QRG there is a thesis so I will see if I can make a less obvious thesis since their QRGs were well-written without it. Lia's sentence, " Due to the high ivory demand and current hunting trends, wild elephants might go extinct within the ten to thirty years." could be see as a thesis though. Therefore, I am unsure if this would be considered on or if I am over thinking it. However, Olivia's was "Although there is no artificial sweetener deemed perfect, there is controversy surrounding the company’s switch because of possible health hazards associated with consuming the artificial sweetener." Hers was way less of a thesis because she really did not argue anything. She merely stated the issue.
Hunt, Tara. "Audience." 9/9/13 via flickr. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 License.

Audience
  • My QRG will be read by my instructor and my classmates.
  • I have to find out what their values and expectations are toward healthy school lunches; I know a lot of people are knowledgeable, but many are not.
  • I need to make sure there is a significant amount of background information for my topic because a lot of people do not know the risks of throwing away food.
  • I will use informal and casual language because I am able to talk to my audience normally. 
  • I would like to make sure I accomplish appealing to the reader more because sometimes I write like it is an essay.
Context
  • The formatting requirements are subheadings, white space, and images.
  • Content requirements are very informal, but it is not over done. This is done in order to appeal to the reader and not to overwhelm them.
  • My draft reflects the conventions of QRGs because I adjusted my awkward sentences so there is a better flow.
  • I made good space of all of the formatting requirements above.

No comments:

Post a Comment