Sunday, November 15, 2015

Reflection on Project 3 Draft

Reflection on Project 3 Draft

In this blog post, I am going to reflect on my Project 3 Draft. 


I peer reviewed Jovanka Potkonjak's and Carrie Belle Kent's rough drafts.


1. Who reviewed your Project 3 rough draft?

Jovanka Potkonjak and Carrie Belle Kent reviewed my Project 3 rough draft.

2. What did you think and/or feel about the feedback you received? Be explicit and clear.
Tell me what helped or what confused you about the feedback you got.

Joki's feedback helped me open up my eyes. I think that her comments were very straightforward in how she openly told me that I seemed unsure of what to say for certain things. In these places I think that I could provide some logos in order to fill in the gaps and explain my points more clearly. I could even give a picture of a graph to break it up and so I don't just pause out of nowhere. I really liked how she made little comments like that that could help me add more information to support my argument.

I really liked how Carrie Belle Kent had a lot of positivity. I think that she helped me very well with my questions that I had asked on my blog post. The things that she mentioned, I had already planned on adjusting because they seemed to lack in this category. I liked how she offered me many creative ways to approach my project. I thought this was very helpful because I tend to limit my creativity sometimes because I think that it is a school project so that it needs to be more serious.
Frost, Jim. "Flickr - jimf0390 - JimF 04-27-10-0021a reflection.jpg." 4/27/10 via Wikimedia Commons.
Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License.

3. What aspects of Project 3 need to most work going forward [Audience, Purpose, Argumentation, or Genre]? How do you plan on addressing these areas? 

I need to work on my argumentation and genre the most. My argumentation is just missing some of the gaps. For instance, Joki said that I wasn't sure what to say for some things. In this case, I could add some logos (information) in order to fill the blank space. I also think that the visuals could help here as well that might also add some logos. For instance, I think that graphs would be suitable because I could provide information and give a change of visual from merely myself.

As for Genre, I need to totally fix my background, sounds, and visuals. Firstly, I need to YouTube "How to add words to iMovie" because I want to have the questions that I address come across the screen. Moreover, I need to change my location to something more personal than a wall. I think that my dorm room or outside on steps or sitting would be lovely because this could create a more personal connection with the viewers than just a blank wall. I also want to add pictures and graphs about childhood obesity to come across the screen. I think that this would help develop my genre because it would make it more visually appealing to the audience.

4. How are you feeling overall about the direction of your project after peer review and/or instructor conferences this week?

I am feeling very confident. I think that Carrie Belle said something along the lines of my project being almost perfect. It is on the verge of being great, and it just needs some minor adjustments. From our conference, I feel like my project has a very strong foundation. I think that I just need to add a few minor details that will make my project seem great! I hope that these adjustments will be enough. However, I think that the adjustments that I make will have a great impact on my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment